What I Believe….
What I Believe
- I believe the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters of faith and life, that it is divinely inspired, without error in every word, and completed as originally delivered. (2Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Psalm 119:116).
The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of Himself to man. All Scripture is totally true and trustworthy.
- I believe in the one God, Creator of all things, eternal, holy, and sovereign, existing in three equal Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1;John 4:24).
- I believe there is one and only one living and true God.
He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is all-powerful, all-knowing and His perfect knowledge extends to all things, past present and future, including the future decisions of His free creatures.
- I believe that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, that He was crucified, that He was raised to life again on the third day.
- believe that salvation is by the grace of God. I believe that the blood of Jesus Christ given for us on the cross paid the full penalty for our sins and provides the sole basis for God’s forgiveness. Salvation occurs when an individual turns from sin and self to Christ and places his or her faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for sin. (Matthew 26:28; Romans 3:22; 5:9; 10:9; Ephesians 2:8-9)
God loves us so much, in fact, that he sent his only son, Jesus, to die so the rest of us could live. The cost of sin was separation from God—spiritual death—until Jesus came and his death paid everyone’s debt. That’s serious love. Because of that serious, perfect love, this gift from God is waiting for anyone who wants to receive it. This is called Grace. God gives grace freely and abundantly.
- I believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates and sanctifies
- I believe in the visible and actual Second Coming of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
(1 Thessalonians 4:14-17).
- I believe in the resurrection of the dead in Christ to eternally live in the manifest presence of God (1 Thessalonians 4:16; I Corinthians 15:42-44; 51-53; Philippians 3:21; 1 John 3:2). I believe in the resurrection to judgment and everlasting punishment of unbelievers (John 5:28-29; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Jude 6,7; Revelations 20:11-15).